Board of Directors
The Board of Directors comprises 10 Directors who all individually share a commitment to Federation Training and its mission to provide a valuable and integrated technical and further education service to industry, the community and the Victorian Government.
- Des Powell AM (Board Chair)
- Debra Cerasa (Deputy Chair)
- Tony Nippard
- David Williams
- Michelle Dowsett
- Rod McLean (Staff member)
- Rob Hogarth
- Annabelle Roxon
- Angela Hutson
- Virginia Simmons AO (Interim Chief Executive Officer)
Role of the Board
The governance of Federation Training is provided by Federation Training's Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is responsible and accountable for:
- governing in a manner that ensures Federation Training is efficiently and effectively managed
- ensuring the population of the area is effectively served with technical and further education that best suits their needs
- providing adult, community and further education services which are responsive to the needs of industry and the community as well as ensuring that all of its statutory obligations are met.
In administering appropriate governance the Directors ensure that the Board provides a clear direction for Federation Training and ensures its sustainability and viability into the future.
Executive Officer to the Board
To ensure the highest level of effectiveness the Board's activities are co-ordinated and managed through a Board Secretary.
The Board Secretary provides advice, advocacy and administrative functions to the Board and ensures that the Board is enabled in its activities through the provision of services and support mechanisms of the highest possible standard.
Communication with the Board and its Directors is through the Board Secretary.
The role of the Board Secretary is undertaken by Derek Russell who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 5127 0230 Tuesday to Thursday.