Welcome to the Federation Training community. You have joined Gippsland’s leading TAFE training provider and we are delighted to have you aboard.
We are a diverse organisation operating across a vast region, from Chadstone through to Lakes Entrance. With 10 campuses and over 500 staff, we are a key employer within the Gippsland region.
Our purpose is to provide accessible quality education and training that inspires individuals to achieve and, in partnership, promote industry and community development. Each and every staff member has a vital role to play in supporting this purpose and realising our ambition of ‘Growing Skills. Creating Futures’.
Our strategic objectives are: Quality Outcomes, Viability, Partnerships, Capabilities and Customer Focus.
- We are committed to lifting the quality of our teaching and improving the education and employment outcomes for our students.
- We are dedicated to building organisational capability to ensure we operate efficiently and achieve long term financial viability.
- It is a priority for us to partner with schools, industry and community organisations to ensure our programs remain relevant and current.
- It is critical for all of us to work together to transform the capacity and capability of the organisation to achieve its strategic objectives.
- We are determined to develop a clear brand identity and customer focus that leads to increased market share.
The values that underpin everything we do at Federation Training are Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Responsibility. Our organisational values will guide the decision making, judgments and behaviour of all our board and staff and underpin the wide range of interactions and professional relationships we have with others in our day-to-day work.
But it is not enough to list our values and hope they permeate the hearts and minds of our people. The leadership of Federation Training will demonstrate them in all our actions and decisions, and work on ways to integrate them into our systems and our day-to-day operations.
The beginning of a new chapter in your career is an exciting time with lots of information to take on board. What you can expect over the next few days/weeks:
- Be fully inducted by your manager
- Meet a lot of new faces
- Tour our campuses
- Familiarise yourself with our processes and procedures
- And – ask questions! Your colleagues are more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
We will make every effort to support you through the induction process and ensure a smooth transition into your new role.
Once again, welcome to Federation Training – Gippsland’s local TAFE! I hope you will contribute your skills to make our Institute an even better organisation and I welcome you as a new member of our talented team.
Virginia Simmons AO
Interim Chief Executive Officer