- Apprenticeship / Traineeship; Accredited Course
- Study mode
- On Campus
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Part Time: 8-10 Weeks, 1 day per week
- Starting Date
- February 2018
This course has been designed as a pathway for specialised work across the occupation and technology streams as outlined below, on the National Broadband Network (NBN).
This course ICT30415 Certificate III in Telecommunications Network Build and operate , which may be undertaken as part of a traineeship, provides individuals with skills and knowledge in a range of specialised NBN broadband industry occupations specifically for the national rollout of the high speed broadband infrastructure.
In conjunction with safe working practices, one of three specialist streams is to be undertaken as described below.
Copper Cable Jointer:
- This includes connection and jointing of copper cable, diagnosing and rectifying copper cable system faults, and migration, remediation and augmentation of copper services to maximise benefits of the high speed broadband connection.
Technician Fibre/Fibre Splicer:
- This includes diagnosing and rectifying fibre system faults, working with active equipment, and performing integration and commissioning activities to maximise benefits of the high speed broadband connection.
Technician Hybrid fibre coaxial (HFC):
- This includes connection and termination of HFC cabling, diagnosing and rectifying complex HFC system faults, and performing commissioning activities to maximise benefits of the high speed broadband connection.
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate III in Telecommunications Network Build and Operate.
This qualification, which may be undertaken as part of a traineeship, provides individuals with skills and knowledge in a range of specialised NBN broadband industry occupations specifically for the national rollout of the high speed broadband infrastructure.
This stream reflects the role of operators in performing equipment and system installation work on customer network to enable efficient access and interconnection to the NBN broadband services.
Opportunities for Further Study
This course can lead in to further studies in the Telecommunications Qualification and gain a higher level of Industry skill set and may include other TAFE courses in the same stream, or similar vocations, at the same or higher level.
VET Student LoansNot Applicable
VTG only: $200
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
To attain this qualification a total of 14 units must be achieved; comprising 5 core units and 9 electives.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|ICTTEN201||Use electrical skills in telecommunications work|
|ICTTEN202||Use hand and power tools|
|ICTWHS204||Follow work health and safety and environmental policy and procedures|
|ICTWOR305||Supervise worksite activities|