- Short Course
- Study mode
- On Site
Provides the participant with a refresher course to allow for meeting of legislative requirements for periodic refresher training / re-assessment to maintain competency at least every three (3) years.
Participants will reacquire the knowledge and practical skills in preparation for site specific retraining before reauthorisation by Employer as a High Voltage "customer" / plant operator responsible for switching, isolating, earthing and safety of personnel required to work in the vicinity of, or access to work on / test High Voltage apparatus
What you will learn
In this course you will revisit:
- Safe work practices and procedures when work is to be performed in the vicinity of and limits of approach to High Voltage electrical apparatus.
- Safe work practices and procedures to be followed when conducting High Voltage electrical "switching" operations to allow safe access to and work on High Voltage electrical apparatus.
- High Voltage apparatus earthing requirements and safe work practices and procedures to be followed when earthing High Voltage electrical apparatus.
- High Voltage Electrical Access Permit safety precaution requirements and procedure. High Voltage protection systems operation and electrical fault management procedures.
- Knowledge of the operation and function of High Voltage Switchgear.
The recommended requirement for periodic refresher training / re-assessment to maintain competency is at least every three (3) years.
Contact Federation Training to express your interest.
Phone: 1300 133 717
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon completion of this course, students will be issued with a Statement of Results.
Opportunities for Further Study
Participantsshallhave completed Federation Training Industry High Voltage Switching Operator Course or equivalent within the last three (3) year.
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Assessment consists of:
- Written assessments