- Short Course
- $220 - includes training manual with working files for students
- Study mode
- On Campus
- Part Time (Day)
This course will take current Microsoft Excel users to the next level by extending their knowledge and skills in the more advanced areas of Excel such as goal seeking, linking, macros, web publishing and PivotTables.
Is this course right for me?
This course is designed for current Microsoft Excel users who wish to extend their knowledge and skills in the more advanced areas of Excel.
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon completion of this course students will receive a Statement of Participation.
Opportunities for Further Study
Participants should be current Microsoft Excel users who can build basic workbooks. It is assumed that the user will know how to create and use a variety of functions and formulas, have a basic understanding of absolute and relative referencing, be able to use names and labels and sort lists.
Course Cost$220 - includes training manual with working files for students
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
In this course you will learn about:
- modifying Excel options
- protecting data in worksheets and workbooks
- importing data into Excel and exporting data from Excel
- using data linking to create more efficient workbooks
- grouping cells and using outlines to manipulate the worksheet
- creating summaries in your spreadsheets using subtotals
- using the Data Consolidation feature to combine data from several workbooks into one
- creating, using and modifying data tables
- creating and working with scenarios and the Scenario Manager
- creating and editing a PivotChart
- constructing and operating PivotTables using some of the more advanced techniques
- using advanced filters to analyse data in a list
- using a variety of data validation techniques
- using a range of Information functions
- using a range of text functions
- creating and using a range of controls in a worksheet
- sharing workbooks with other users
- creating recorded macros in Excel
There is no assessment for this course.