- Unit Code
- ICTCBL3067A - Modify and Cut Over Cable
- Short Course; Accredited Course
- Study mode
- Part Time (Day)
This course is designed for all people carrying out telephony cable jointing on working cables within the carriers network. The course (known within industry as Cable Jointing – Advanced) consists of:
- Customer contact
- Working in Carriers network/customer premises
- Test instruments
- Automatic line testers
- Cross connecting units
- Cable pressure alarm system
- Working in distribution areas
- Working cable precautions
- Cable cut over techniques
- Systems reporting
- Pair gain systems
- Lightning protection
- Above ground jointing point
Contact Federation Training to express your interest.
Phone: 1300 309 966
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon completion of this course, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Potential telephony cable jointing work within the carrier network and customers premises.
Opportunities for Further Study
This unit forms part of theCertificate II in Telecommunications (Cabling)
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|ICTCBL2135A||Joint Metallic Conductor Cable in Access Network (Carrier's Pre-req Requirement)|
Participants must be able to accurately define colours
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Assessment is competency-based for each unit. It includes:
- Practical assessment (observation/demonstration) in a simulated environment
- Written assessments
- RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) for suitable applicants