- Unit Code
- ICTCBL3009B - Install, Terminate and Certify Structured Cabling Installation, ICTCBL3011B - Install, Terminate and Certify Co-axial Cabling Installation
- Short Course; Accredited Course
- $515 Structured Cabling/ $225 Co-axial Cabling
- Study mode
- Part Time
This course is designed for ACMA Registered Cablers carrying out structured (Cat5/Cat 6/Cat6A) and co-axial cable installation and maintenance. The course consists of:
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Design principles and installation requirements
- Cable and cabling hardware characteristics
- Installation of structured cabling and hardware
- Structured cabling installation non-compliance
- LAN cabling
- Test and certificate/Test documentation
- Features of co-axial cabling
- Termination of co-axial cabling
- Testing co-axial cable
Contact Federation Training to express your interest.
Phone: 1300 309 966
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon completion of this course, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Potential ACMA cabling work within the customer's premises
Opportunities for Further Study
This unit forms part of theCertificate III in Telecommunications (Cabling). It is an endorsement to the Open Registration which can be registered on ACMA Cabling Licence.
It is preferred that participants have completed their Open Registration (ICTCBL2136B and ICTCBL2137B)
Course Cost$515 Structured Cabling/ $225 Co-axial Cabling
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Assessment is competency-based for each unit. It includes:
- Practical assessment (observation/demonstration) in a simulated environment
- Written assessments
- RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) for suitable applicants