- Unit Code
- ICTCBL3010B - Install and Terminate Optical Fibre Cable on Customer Premises
- Short Course
- Study mode
- Part Time (Day)
This course provides training for the Telecommunications industry where subcontract installers are required to install, terminate and maintain optical fibre/cables and products within the customer premises. This is a voluntary endorsement to add to open registration for Optical Fibre installations
The course primarily focuses on the installation practices and testing of optical fibre in customer premises. The course consists of:
- Optical fibre principles and characteristics
- Optical fibre/cable characteristics and specifications
- Optical fibre devices (lasers, LEDs and detectors)
- Occupational Health and Safety issues
- Optical fibre cable terminations
- Optical fibre splicing
Contact Federation Training to express your interest.
Phone: 1300 309 966
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon completion of this course, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Potential optical fibre work within NBN project
Opportunities for Further Study
These units form part of the Certificate III in Telecommunications (Cabling)
No entry requirement for this course, however it is recommended that participants have ICTCBL2137A (Open Registration)
*All customer cabling work in the telecommunications, fire, security and data industries must be performed by a registered cabler. All cablers are required to register with an Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) – accredited registrar. (see pre-requisites
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Assessment is competency-based for each unit. It includes:
- Practical assessment (observation/demonstration) in a simulated environment
- Written assessments, Moodle Online Assessment
- RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) for suitable applicants