- Unit Code
- Short Course; Accredited Course
- $465 Per Participant (Initial 2 Sessions) - Mandatory & additional
- Study mode
- Part Time
This course is designed for all people carrying out pit and pipe construction within the carriers network. The course consists of:
- Types of estates
- Obstruction plans
- Conduit types and applications
- Plastic pits types and uses
- Shared trenches with power
- Occupational health and safety check of understanding
- Pipe entry into pits
- Pit installation
- Quality assurance
- Rodding and roping conduits
- Dangerous gases
Contact Federation Training to express your interest.
Phone: 1300 309 966
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon completion of this course, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Potential civil work within NBN project
Opportunities for Further Study
This unit forms part of theCertificate II in Telecommunications (Cabling)
To undertake this course you must have knowledge of occupational health and safety including traffic management and CPR.
Course Cost$465 Per Participant (Initial 2 Sessions) - Mandatory & additional
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Assessment is competency-based for each unit. It includes:
- Practical assessment (observation/demonstration) in a simulated environment
- Written assessments
- RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) for suitable applicants