Certificate III in Aged Care
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Building
- Course Location
- Warragul; Yallourn; Bairnsdale; Sale
- Course Duration
Full Time: 6-8 months (Full time) 1 year (Traineeship)
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of Federation Training. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges..
- 2014 Application Form (pdf)
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Part Time (Day); Traineeship; Full Time
- Starting Date
Warragul - July 2014
Yallourn - July 2014
Bairnsdale - July 2014 and rolling enrolments
In this course you will learn how to maintain and provide personal care and assistance for the aged living in residential care facilities.
Your new skills will be in line with the guidelines of the aged care sector.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate III in Aged Care.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Home Care Worker
- Personal Care Worker
- In Home Respite Worker
- Successful completion of Year 11 or mature age entry.
- A written application, interview and literacy assessment.
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
Assessment is competency-based for each unit. It can include classroom activities, oral presentations, written work and the demonstration of work-based competencies.
Opportunities For Further Study
- Certificate III in Home and Community Care
- Certificate IV in Disability Work
- Certificate IV in Community Services Work
- Diploma of Nursing
- Certificate IV Leisure and Health
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CHCAC317A||Support older people to maintain their independence|
|CHCAC318B||Work effectively with older people|
|CHCAC319A||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCCS411C||Work effectively in the community sector|
|CHCICS301B||Provide support to meet personal care needs|
|CHCPA301B||Deliver Care services using a palliative approach|
|CHCICS302B||Participate in the implementation of individualised plans|
|CHCWHS312A||Follow safety procedures for direct care work|
|CHCICS303A||Support individualised health and emotional well being|
|HLTAP301B||Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context|
|Electives (4) to be allocated|