Certificate III in Companion Animal Services
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Building
- Course Location
- Warragul; Bairnsdale
- Course Duration
Full Time: 9 months
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of Federation Training. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges..
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Traineeship; Full Time
- Starting Date
- 9.00am-3.30pm 2 days per week
Animal Studies Deparment
Fiona de Haan
Phone: (03) 5127 0161
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC Morwell 3841
This qualification is the industry qualification for persons operating within a companion animal organisation.
Gain the practical skills to perform a range of tasks such as, monitor and maintain health of companion animals, capture, handle and transport companion animals, maintain aquascapes and aquatic animals and provide enrichment for companion animals.
It is highly recommended that whilst undertaking this qualification, the learner should have access to a companion animal workplace through either paid employment or substantial periods of work placement or work experience blocks.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate III in Companion Animal Services.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Pet Shop/Aquarium Assistant
- Kennel/Cattery Attendant
- Assistant Trainer
- Pet Exerciser.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age.
- Students are required to undertake a literacy and numeracy assessment.
Pre-RequisitesApplicants must be employed in the companion animal field or be willing to undertake work experience in this field to enrol in this course.
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
AssessmentAssessment for this course will include a combination of competency based assessment methods.
Opportunities For Further Study
- Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing