Diploma of Community Services Work
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Deepening
- Course Location
- Yallourn; Online; Bairnsdale; Sale
- Course Duration
Full Time: 2 years
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of Federation Training. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges..
- Study Modes
- Full time; Part Time (Night)
- Starting Date
- February 2014
This course prepares students for employment in specialised support services through theoretical learning and work placement.
You will develop the skills you need to work in service delivery, either direct client work and/or health promotion and community development projects.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Diploma of Community Services Work.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Client Service Assessor
Social Welfare Worker
To gain entry into this course candidates must:
1. Be recognised as competent, through a recognised training program or recognition process, against units of the certificate IV in Community Services work
2. Have sufficient relevant experience and knowledge of community work and or community services to indicate likely success at this level of qualification in a job role involving:
a. The application of knowledge with depth in some areas and demonstration of a broad range of technical skills
b. A wide range of tasks and roles in a variety of contexts, with complexity in the range and choices of actions required and including work with culturally diverse clients and co workers
c. The exercise of discretionary judgement and decision making under general guidance.
- Undertake an Interview
- Currently working in a relevant field
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
- Practical experiences / demonstrations
- Oral presentations
- Group projects
- Group discussions
Opportunities For Further StudyBachelor of Community Welfare and Counselling - Monash University (1st year credit).
Specialist Course InformationPolice check and Working with Children's Check required.
Can prospective students enrol in individual units?No.
||Work within a structured counselling framework
||Reflect on and improve own professional practice
||Conduct complex assessment and referral
||Develop, implement and promote effective workplace communication
||Analyse impacts of sociology factors on clients in community work & services
||Provide systems advocacy services
||Implement community development strategies
||Develop, facilitate and monitor all aspects of case management
||Confirm client developmental status
||Work intensively with clients
||Maintain legal and ethical work practices
||Plan and conduct group activities
||Contribute to WHS processes
||Assess needs of clients with alcohol and/or other drug issues
||Identify and respond children and young people at risk
||Co-ordinate the work environment
||Apply First Aid
||Undertake outreach work