Certificate IV in Disability
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Building
- Course Location
- Warragul; Leongatha; Online; Bairnsdale
- Course Duration
Full Time: 1 year
- Course Cost
For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of Federation Training. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges.
VET FEE-HELP is available for this course.
- 2015 - Application Form (pdf)
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Online; Part Time (Day); Traineeship; Workshops; Full Time
- Starting Date
- July 2014
Warragul - February 2014
Bairnsdale - rolling enrolments
Course OverviewDisability workers assist people with disabilities achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance and community participation. Learn how to work with clients of all ages, creating, implementing and monitoring developmental programs for them.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate IV in Disability.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Behavioural Support Officer
- Disability Support Officer/Worker
- Employment Coordinator (Disability)
Access to a computer and broadband internet service.
Basic computer skills.
- Students are required to undertake a literacy assessment
- Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Check and Working With Children Check
- Applicants must be computer literate and have access to a computer with an internet connection
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
AssessmentPractical experiences, problem solving, oral presentations, interviews, case studies, projects, group discussions, online research tasks, online quizzes, practical placement and work based assessments for eligible students in the workforce.
Opportunities For Further Study
Specialist Course Information
- This course includes a 120 hour practical placement unless you are currently working in the industry.
Can prospective students enrol in individual units?Yes.
|Core Units||Unit Name|
|CHCCS400C||Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework|
|CHCCS411C||Work effectively in the community sector|
|CHCDIS301C||Work effectively with people with a disability|
|CHCDIS302A||Maintain an environment to empower people with disabilities|
|CHCDIS405A||Facilitate skills development and maintenance|
|CHCDIS410A||Facilitate community participation and inclusion|
|CHCDIS411A||Communicate using argumentative and alternative communication strategies|
|CHCICS402B||Facilitate individualised plans|
|HLTWHS300A||Contribute to WHS processes|
|And one of each of the following pairs of units:|
|Provide behaviour support in the context of individualised plans (Leongatha)
Plan and provide advanced behaviour support (Warragul)
Contribute to WHS processes (Bairnsdale
Plus 5 elective units to be allocated.