Certificate IV in Education Support
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Building
- Course Location
- Leongatha; Online; Traralgon; Bairnsdale; Sale
- Course Duration
Full Time: 1 year - February to October
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of Federation Training. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges..
- Study Modes
- Part Time (Day); Work Based; Traineeship; Full Time
- Starting Date
Term 1, 2, 3 & 4
Course OverviewThis qualification allows the education support worker to provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad-based supervision.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate IV in Education Support.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Occupational titles may include:
- Education Support Worker
- Education Assistant
- Education Officer
Sufficient validated experience in directly supervised learning support roles as an education support worker, child care worker, home/volunteer tutor or similar role to indicate likely success at this level of qualification.
Successful completion of a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in education support, children's services or a related area.
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
100 hours of Placement in an educational setting is required to receive the qualification.
Assessment options may include:
- Practical experiences
- Practical demonstrations in simulated work conditions
- Oral presentations
- Case studies
- Recognition of prior learning
Opportunities For Further Study
- Diploma of Education Support
- Diploma in Children's Services (Early Childhood Education)
- Certificate IV in Disability
- Certificate IV in Business Administration
- Certificate IV in Children's Services (Outside School Hours Care)
- Diploma of School Aged Education and Care
Can prospective students enrol in individual units?Yes.
|Compulsory (12 units)|
||Support behaviour of children and young people
||Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
||Assist in facilitation of student learning
||Work with students in need of additional support
||Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
||Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
||Support learning and implementation of responsible behaviour
||Reflect on and improve own professional practice
||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
||Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
||Work effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
||Participate in work health and safety