Certificate II in Hairdressing
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Creation
- Hair and Beauty Programs
- Course Location
- Yallourn; Leongatha; Bairnsdale; Sale
- Course Duration
Full Time: 6 monthsPart Time: 1 year
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of GippsTAFE. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges.
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Part Time (Day); Full Time
- Starting Date
- February 2014
With ongoing enrollment options
- 8.30am - 3.30pm
Hairdressing is more than just cutting and styling hair. It's about creating a look for every client, so you need to use your creative skills as well as your practical ones.
Hairdressing qualifications can lead to many work opportunities, from owning your own salon to working with models and celebrities for film and television work.
This qualification will give you a broad overview of hairdressing with a strong focus on communicating in the workplace, interacting with and providing service to clients and assistance to colleagues.
The Certificate II in Hairdressing qualification offers you a head start on gaining a Hairdressing Apprenticeship or entry into our Certificate III in Hairdressing full time study options.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate II in Hairdressing.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Salon Assistant
- Candidates must be a minimum of 15 years of age.
- Year 10 pass is preferred.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview process.
- Mature age applicants are welcome
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
A range of assessment methods will be used, including practical demonstrations, practical demonstrations in simulated work conditions, problem solving, journals, group discussions, work placement and written/practical assessments.
Opportunities For Further Study
- Certificate III in Hairdressing (Apprenticeship and non-Apprenticeship options)
- Certificate IV in Hairdressing
- Diploma of Salon Management
- Graduate Certificate in Hairdressing Creative Leadership
Can prospective students enrol in individual units?Yes.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
||Perform shampoo and basin services
||Greet and prepare clients for salon services
||Dry hair to shape
||Maintain and organise tools, equipment and work areas
||Apply salon safety procedures
||Communicate in the workplace
||Work effectively in a retail environment
||*A selection of 5 elective units are to be undertaken. Please contact us for further information.