Manual Handling Initial or Refresher
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Short Course
- Chadstone Campus
- Course Duration
Full Time: 1 session
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of Federation Training. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges..
- Study Modes
- Part Time (Day); Part Time (Night)
Phone: 1300 657 261
Fax: 1300 094 661
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
This course provides you with the skills to identify and control hazards and risks associated with carrying out manual handling tasks, including the ability to apply correct manual handling techniques in the workplace.Course structure
In this course you will learn about:
- Identification of the objectives and requirements of the regulations and code of practice
- Legislative responsibilities of employers and employees
- Recognising manual handling tasks in the workplace
- Identification of manual handling tasks that have the potential to cause injury
- Application of appropriate criteria and techniques to identify manual handling hazards and assess risk
- An outline of the hierarchy of controls and identification of control measures applicable to each level
- Evaluation and selection of control measures that effectively reduce the risk
- associated with specific manual handling hazards
- Application of safe lifting practices
- An explanation on how poor lifting practices impact on the body
- Identification of considerations specific to individual and team lifts.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
There is no assessment for this course.