Manual Handling Initial or Refresher
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Short Course
- Chadstone Campus
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Part Time: 0.5 days
- Course Cost
- Contact the Chadstone Campus for further information.
- Study Modes
- Part Time (Day)
Phone: (03) 9251 3000
Fax: 1300 094 661 (att: Chadstone)
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
If you use force to lift, push, pull, carry, move or restrain objects during the course of your work, this course will teach you how to avoid injury and conduct manual handling tasks in accordance with the relevant regulations and Code of Practice.
What you will learn
In this course you will learn about:
- Statutory requirements
- The risk factors directly or indirectly associated with manual handling
- Minimising risk through use of mechanical aids/obtaining assistance/safe manual handling techniques
- Minimise risk of injury by doing simple flexibility and strength exercises
- Manual handling code of practice.