Certificate IV in Hospitality
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Building
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Course Location
- Morwell; Leongatha
- Course Duration
Full Time: 1 yearPart Time: 18 months (Traineeship)
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of Federation Training. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges..
- Study Modes
- Part Time (Day); Traineeship; Full Time
- Starting Date
- February 2015
9.00am - 4.00pm
*This course requires some night classes
Phone: (03) 5120 4542
Fax: 1300 094 661
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
Build an interesting and varied career in Hospitality with this qualification from Federation Training.
Designed to develop your ability as a Supervisor or Team Leader, you'll learn both generic and specialised skills readily applicable to the workforce. The course offers the flexibility to choose a training stream that suits your interest.
Training takes place both in the classroom and in our Training Restaurants so you get to perfect your skills in an authentic workplace environment. You will enhance your employability, become more confident with your skills and improve your existing Hospitality experience. This qualification reflects the role of skilled operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with sound knowledge of industry operations. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems. Many individuals have supervisory responsibilities and plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a team leader or supervisor in hospitality organisations such as restaurants, hotels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate IV in Hospitality.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Food and Beverage/Bar or Gaming Supervisor or Team Leader
- Front Office Supervisor or Team Leader
- Gaming Supervisor
- Duty Manager
- Forecast analyst (accommodation services)
- Housekeeping Supervisor or Team Leader
- Reservation analyst
- Shift Manager.
- Advisable to be at 18 years of age.
- All applicants will be required to undertake an interview prior to course acceptance.
- Must have motivation to undertake and complete the course. Should have a desire to reach the supervisory level wtihin the hospitality industry. It is recommended that individuals undertake lower level qualifications, and/or gain industry experience prior to entering the qualification but it is not essential
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
Assessment is competency based. A range of assessment methods will be used, including written assignments, practical tasks, group discussion, group tasks and written/practical assessments.
Workplace assessment is available for Traineeship pathway.
Opportunities For Further Study
Further training pathways from this qualification include any of the specialist qualifications in the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality training package at Diploma and Advanced Diploma levels. An example of this is:
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate IV in Travel and Tourism
- Diploma of Hospitality
- Diploma of Travel and Tourism
- Diploma of Events
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality
- Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism
- Advanced Diploma of Events.
Can prospective students enrol in individual units?Yes.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBDIV501A||Manage diversity in the workplace|
|SITHIND301||Work effectively in hospitality service|
|SITXCCS401||Enhance the customer service experience|
|SITXFIN402||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXFSA101||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITXHRM301||Coach others in job skills|
|SITXHRM402||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMGT401||Monitor work operations|
|SITXWHS401||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|A selection of 12 elective units are to be undertaken. Please contact us for further information.|