Diploma of Sustainability
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Deepening
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Full Time: 1 yearFlexible - Video
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of Federation Training. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges..
- Study Modes
- Off Campus
Phone: (03) 5120 4542
Fax: 1300 094 661
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
Do you work in a role related to achieving Sustainable outcomes for a progressive organisation?
The Diploma of Sustainability program is the most effective way to improve your understanding of Sustainable Concepts, including a framework for planning, decision making and analysis of your company’s progression towards Sustainable Practices.
This program is becoming the benchmark for Employers and Government to recruit for key roles in the ‘Green Economy’.The most effective way of undertaking this course is by pinning it to an existing Diploma and undertaking the four Core units, which will allow you to obtain the “Diploma of Sustainability”.
Vocational outcomes of the qualification structure is to:
- Apply a working knowledge of key sustainability concepts, tools and practices to environmental, economic and social challenges, initiatives and projects within own sphere of influence and/or practice
- Provide advice and support individuals and groups to engage in sustainability initiatives
- Plan for, and support, behaviour change and sustainable practices within a range of contexts
- Apply effective communication and engagement techniques to underpin co-operative relationships between stakeholders across a range of stakeholder groups
- Apply project/program management techniques, tools, frameworks and methodologies for supporting, monitoring and evaluating projects/initiatives for best practice across a range of sustainability project/initiative contexts
- Apply feasibility measurement tools to support business planning that encompasses sustainability practice
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Diploma of Sustainability.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Natural Resource Manager
- Landcare Worker
Prospective students must provide evidence of an existing Diploma or above qualification to gain access to the core unit delivery mode or undertake the complete course.
Applicants for the Diploma of Sustainability are expected to be able to use a computer, including basic word processing, spreadsheet, email programs and internet search engines. Applicants must also have a demonstrated capacity in learning, reading, writing, oracy and numeracy competencies to Level 4 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF)
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
AssessmentA range of assessment methods will be used, including assignment and project work, work-based projects, research projects and reports, scenario development, structured interviews with expert groups, submissions to responsible authorities and media, portfolio development, workplace projects, group discussions, practical demonstrations and work placement.
Can prospective students enrol in individual units?No.
||Apply basic concepts of sustainability to own, or local, practice
||Develop and implement a program to support behavioural change for a sustainability initiative
||Develop a business plan for sustainable business practice
||Research and apply principles of sustainable production and consumption
*A selection of 10 elective units are required if the full course is to be undertaken.
If an applicant is either:
Please contact us for further information