Certificate II in Engineering Studies
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Creation
- Course Location
- Yallourn; Sale
- Course Duration
Part Time: 2 years
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of GippsTAFE. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges.
- Study Modes
- Part Time (Day); Traineeship
Phone: (03) 5127 0220
Fax: 1300 094 661
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
Course OverviewThink you'd like to work as an engineer? Learn about the four main areas of engineering - mechanical, fabrication, electrical and production - as you advance your career with this course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Entry level positions in fabrication and fitting and machining.
- You must be at least 16 years old.
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
Assessment is competency based and includes observation, written assignments, tests and practical application in simulated workplace conditions.
Opportunities For Further Study
- Certificate III in Engineering - Mechancial Trade (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade (Apprenticeship)
||Apply principles of Occupational Health and Safety in work environment|
||Organise and communicate information|
||Interact with computing technology|
||Use hand tools|
||Use power tools/hand held operation|
||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
||Develop an individual career plan for the engineering industry|
||Perform basic engineering sketches and drawings|
||Handle engineering materials|
||Apply 5S procedures|
||Perform basic machining processes
||Apply basic fabrication techniques
||Produce basic engineering components and products using fabrication and machining|
||Perform basic welding and thermal cutting processes to fabricate engineering structures
|340 Core Hours|
||Perform basic welding and thermal cutting processes to fabricate engineering structures|