Certificate IV in Horticulture
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Building
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Full Time: 1 year (Non-Traineeship)Part Time: 3 years (Traineeship)
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of Federation Training. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges..
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Part Time (Day); Flexible; Traineeship
- 8.30am to 4.00pm
Phone: (03) 5120 4542
Fax: 1300 094 661
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
Develop your green thumb and your horticulture career with this comprehensive and practical course from Federation Training.
You'll learn advanced propagation techniques as well as supervisory and planning skills that you'll be able to apply in the workplace. This course is ideally suited for those wanting to work in and create a greener outdoor environment.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate IV in Horticulture.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Horticultural Tradesperson
- Senior Horticulturalist
- Groundsmen for Sporting Arenas
- Year 12 or equivalent (lower level Horticultural qualification would be an advantage) or qualify for mature-age entry, holder of a relevant qualification at a lower level, in which an interview would take place to make sure that you are able to enter this course.
- You must be working as a trainee in a workplace for Traineeship pathway
AssessmentAssessment is competency based. A range of assessment methods will be used, including practical tasks, practical experience, practical demonstrations, problem solving, journals, group projects, assignments, group discussions and written/practical assessments.
Opportunities For Further StudyFurther training pathways from this qualification include any of the specialist qualifications in the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management training package at Diploma and Advanced Diploma levels. An example of this is the Diploma of Horticulture.
Can prospective students enrol in individual units?Yes.
||Maintain Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) processes
||*A selection of 11 elective units are to be undertaken. Please contact us for further information