Chainsaw Operations - Trim and Cross Cut Felled Trees
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Short Course; Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Building
- Unit Code
- Horticulture and Floristry
- Course Location
- Morwell; Forestec
- Course Duration
Part Time: 4 sessions
- Course Cost
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Part Time (Day)
- Starting Date
Contact Federation Training to express your interest.
Phone: 1300 133 717
This unit specifies the outcomes required to trim and cross cut felled trees with a chainsaw. This unit is intended for use in situations where the production of timber is not the primary focus of the activity. The unit includes equipment maintenance. Compliance with licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements may be required in various jurisdictions.
This unit supports the attainment of skills and knowledge required for competent workplace performance in forest and forest products operations of all sizes. The unit applies to a forest environment and involves application of skills and knowledge at a production worker level. These skills and knowledge are to be used within the scope of the person's job and authority.Course content
The elements covered within this unit are as follows:
- comply with legislation, regulations, standards, codes of practice and established safe practices and procedures for trimming and cross cutting felled trees
- review and accurately identify work requirements
- select, use and maintain relevant equipment
- safely and effectively trim and cross cut felled trees
- identify problems and equipment faults and demonstrate appropriate response
- use appropriate communication and interpersonal techniques with colleagues and others
- accurately locate, record and report information
All people who use a chainsaw for their day to day work activities or who are paid to use a chainsaw for any reason.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon completion of this course, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Timber industry worker
- Parks summer crews worker
- Firewood collector
- SES and CFA fire fighter
- Landcare, conservation and revegetation workers
- Council worker
- Horticultural worker.
To undertake this course you should own or use a chainsaw as part of your day to day activities, you may be currently employed in an industry that requires the use of chainsaws, or exposed to occasional use of a chainsaw.
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
Assessment includes OHS work practices, practical demonstrations, maintenance work, written tests and examinations.
||8.300am - 4.00pm