High Voltage Safety Fundamentals
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Short Course
- Course Level
- Skills Creation
- Unit Code
- 0417HVSF - High Voltage Safety Fundamentals
- Chadstone Campus
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Part Time: 8 hours
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of Federation Training. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges..
- Study Modes
- On Site; Part Time (Day) on demand
- Starting Date
- On demand
8:00am - 4:00pm
On Customer site. To suit customer working hours
Phone: 1300 309 966
Fax: 1300 094 661
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
Course OverviewBecome a safer worker with this course designed for those needing to work in the vicinity of high voltage apparatus, by learning about hazards and safe working practices.
What you will learn
In this course you will learn about:
- Safe working practices and procedures
- Required clearances from live high voltage apparatus
- Hazards associated with work in the vicinity of high voltage apparatus
- Electrical accident first aid requirements
- Prevent injury caused by inadvertent or uncontrolled contact with high voltage equipment.
The recommended requirement for periodic refresher training / re-assessment to maintain competency is at least every three (3) years.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon completion of this course, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Entry RequirementsParticipants should have an electrical trade or technical background or an understanding of electrical principles or operations.
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
AssessmentAssessment consists of:
- Written assessments