Safe to Climb (Initial or Refresher)
- Course Code
- VESI Initial or Refresher Training
- Course Type
- Short Course; Accredited Course
- Chadstone Campus
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Part Time: 0.5 day
- Course Cost
- Contact the Chadstone Campus for further information.
- Study Modes
- Part Time (Day)
- Starting Date
- On demand
Phone: (03) 9251 3000
Fax: 1300 094 661 (att: Chadstone)
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
This course is for people who work aloft on wood, concrete or steel poles or who manage, supervise or assist others in doing so.
What you will learn
In this course you will learn about:
- Identifying defects that affect the strength of wood, concrete and steel poles
- Visually inspecting poles for defects or damage
- Performing a "safe to climb" test and determine whether a pole is safe to undertake minor and major works
- Making safe a pole if required
- Working safely with poles categorised as "serviceable", "un-serviceable" or "limited life"
- Working safely with poles that have been staked, powerbeamed or re-butted.