Certificate II in Building and Construction - Carpentry (VET in Schools)
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Pre-Apprenticeship; Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Creation
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Part Time: To successfully obtain Nationally Accredited Qualifications students will usually be required to attend over a two year period during their VCE or VCAL studies. Please be aware that completion of this VETiS course doesn't give full completion of a pre-apprenticeship.
- Course Cost
- Students should consult with their Careers Advisor or VETiS Co-ordinator to obtain further information on program costs..
- course_info.pdf (pdf)
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Part Time (Day)
- Starting Date
- February 2014
All enquiries should be forwarded to the students school career advisor or VETiS Co-ordinator
Course OverviewThis course is designed to precede full time employment and provide course participants with basic skills in carpentry, enhancing employment opportunities.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course participants will be eligible to be assessed for a National Certificate of Competency.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Building Estimator
- Building Inspector
- Wood Machinist
To undertake a VETiS Program with GippsTAFE participants must be enrolled with a secondary education provider or school
This is VCE VET accredited course
This course does not contain a VCE Scored Assessment
VCE Students will be eligible for a 10% increment in their ENTER Score
Course participants will be eligible to apply for TWO Block Credits for Units 1 & 2 in their first year
Course participants will be eligible to apply for TWO Block Credits for Units 3 & 4 in their second year
Opportunities For Further Study
- Certificate III in Carpentry (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Painting and Decorating (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Bricklaying (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Concreting (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Steelfixing (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Carpentry and Joinery (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Specialist Trades)
- Diploma of Building and Construction (Management)
- Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction (Management)