Certificate II in Plumbing (VET in Schools)
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Pre-Apprenticeship; Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Creation
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Part Time: To successfully obtain Nationally Accredited Qualifications students will usually be required to attend over a two year period during their VCE or VCAL studies. Successful completion of this VETiS course will result in the obtainment of Certificate II in Plumbing VET in School qualifications are undertaken over a two (2) year period with students attending one (1) day per week
- Course Cost
- Students should consult with their Career's Advisor or VETiS Co-ordinator to obtain further information on program costs.
- course_info.pdf (pdf)
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Part Time (Day)
- Starting Date
- February 2013
- All enquiries should be forwarded to the students’ school career advisor or VETiS Co-ordinator
Course OverviewThis program will give participants an introduction to the plumbing industry and set the base for gaining an apprenticeship. Students will learn basic skills as well as basic welding, sheetmetal work to enable broader opprotunities for specialisation into roofing and gasfitting.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate II in Plumbing (VET in Schools).
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Plumbing Apprentice
- Heating and Ventilation Plumber
- Irrigation Installer
- Refrigeration Mechanic
To undertake a VETiS Program with GippsTAFE participants must be enrolled with a secondary education provider or school
This is NOT a VCE VET accredited courseCourse participants will be eligible to apply for FIVE Block Credits for Units 1 & 2.
There is no ENTER contribution or ENTER increment available on completion of this program.
Contribution to VCAL is determined by the number of units successfully completed by the student.
When a student has been assessed as competant in units totally 100 nominal hours, this will contribute ONE VCAL unit towards their satisfactory completion of VCAL.
Opportunities For Further Study
- Certificate III in Plumbing (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate IV in Plumbing Services
- Diploma in Plumbing and Services
- Diploma in Fire Systems Design
- Advanced Diploma in Fire Systems Design
- Vocational Graduate Certificate in Fire Systems Design Management