- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Study mode
- On Campus
- 6 months
- Starting Date
Bairnsdale and Morwell February, July 2019
Leongatha July 2019
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have a range of well-developed hospitality service, sales or operational skills and sound knowledge of industry operations.
Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
Classes will be delivered face to face on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays.
There will be a combination of days and evenings. All of the training sessions will be detailed on the class timetable, indicating dates, start and finish times.
Day sessions will be delivered between the hours of 9.00am and 3.00pm.
Evening sessions will be delivered between 4.00pm and 10.00pm.
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate III in Hospitality.
Possible job titles include:
- espresso coffee machine operator
- food and beverage attendant
- front desk receptionist
- front office assistant
- function attendant
- function host
- gaming attendant
- guest service agent
- restaurant host
- senior bar attendant waiter
Opportunities for Further Study
- SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality
- SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management (not on offer at federation training)
Mandatory entry requirements
- For each Learner enrolling in a vocational qualification, regardless of eligible or ineligible status under the Victorian Training Guarantee, Federation Training will conduct a Pre-Training Review of current competencies (including literacy and numeracy skills) prior to commencement in training.
Recommended entry requirements
- It is expected that the leaner has an expectation and goal of achieving some form of employment within industry on completion of training.
Limitations to entry
- Students must be able to attend a combination of 3 days/evenings per week as set out in the timetable.
VET Student LoansNot Applicable
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany Federation Training courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
|Unit Code||Unit Description|
|SITHFAB017||Provide advice on food and beverage matching|
|BSBCMM201||Communicate in the workplace|
|SITHFAB014||Provide table service of food and beverage|
|SITHFAB007||Serve food and beverage|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITHFAB003||Operate a bar|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|SITXCCS006||Provide service to customers|
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity|
|SITHIND004||Work effectively in hospitality service|
|SITHIND002||Source and use information on the hospitality industry|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|